What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a fully touch-based & open-source custom recovery for your Android device. You can use it for any custom recovery, it is the best after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). You may also use it for Stock Recovery, to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods. You can root any Android devices using TWRP guidelines.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices. Although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Today, we are going to share with you how to download and install TWRP Recovery on your Android Devices. TWRP was released in 2011, Clockworkmod Recovery is most important but also TWRP had competed with it. After a few years, the custom recovery has developed and has crashed to the top, 50 different OEMs are supporting and give updates on time.
There is no one other recovery doing like this one. Everyone enjoys to see, how this one project turned into something, you can’t imagine your lives without its reality.
On this page, you’ll learn how to install the latest version of the TWRP recovery on your Android device. We also discuss TWRP Advantages, Features, and where can you download the latest version. We are going to share with you some features and at the end of this post. We describe in detail a few different steps, How to install TWRP on your Android device.
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is available in this modern world, where everyone wants to need a different variety of phones. You may recovery on every flashaholic. TWRP will provide you the best design, interface, and a lot of different features and bundled. TWRP is the best way to boast a complete touch-operable interface, which one made using flashing ROMs and other ZIPs.
- How to install USB Drivers On your Android Device
- How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Android Device
- Secret Codes to unlock hidden features on your phone screen
- How to Root your Android smartphone without Computer
- How to install TWRP recovery on your Android Device
- Download SP Flash Tool on your Android Device
TWRP Recovery Advantages / Benefits
- You can flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize the device.
- It is very easy to use Xposed Modules.
- TWRP Recovery gives you easy, and the best way to Root and Unroot.
- To take full NanDroid backup, if anything wrong with modding or flashing.
- It provides you quick access to restore the Nandroid Backup of your device.
- You may flash all images and files with TWRP Recovery.
- TWRP is best to remove all bloatware.
- To underclock and overclock.
- The most popular advantage of the TWRP is “You may clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.”
1. To Take a backup of your device partition, everyone may backup completely for a fail-proof rollback guaranteed.
2. You can change the brightness using recovery mode, it is best to install custom zips full day, and night.
3. All TWRP comes with a Swipe to confirm the flash, that cuts down on a lot of accidental flashes.
4. Advanced Wipe menu will provide you with choosing a wipe on partitions that, you prefer or you may go with a factory reset.
5. You will organize your partitions personally, and you may also use an external USB device.
6. You may change a few zips locations using the built-in file manager.
7. To fix the root permissions by pressing on the Fix Permissions button into the Advanced tab menu.
8. Now you should reboot recovery and fix the issue.
9. Terminal Command window is also built-in, it always allows users to go berserk inside the recovery mode.
10. Finally, ADB Sideload mode allows everyone, it permits you to get system access to fast boot status, and flash the connection from your PC/Laptop.
Of course, the above mention TWRP Features are boastful that make truly outstanding. All features provide you the best option for the stylized menu that is very easy. Now we are going to share with you a complete detail features one by one.
The latest version of TWRP is: 3.3.0-0
It was released on 15, April 2019. Here we describe your different features of 3.3.0-0.
- To Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
- To Use ANDROID_ROOT variable otherwise hard coding /system (CaptainThrowback) * Decrypt FBE on 9.0 & metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
- Vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback & nijel8)
- Support vibration on LED class devices (not syncing)
- Metadata decrypt support for your device (Dees_Troy)
- Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
- Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
- Support MTP on FFS devices (big biff)
- Update FDE decrypt to support key master 3 & 4 (Dees_Troy)
- Detect makes.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
- TWRP Allow using md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (big biff)
- TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on ABC devices with no cache partition (big biff)
- TWRP advanced menu is a way to use a Listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
- Use magic boot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)
TWRP 3.2.3-0; release date is: 6 August 2018
- To Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
TWRP 3.2.2-0; release date of the version is: July 1, 2018
TWRP 3.2.2-0; release is: 1 July 2018
- ADB backup fixes.
- OTA style update zips will now install automatically without prompting for decrypt.
- Minor tweaks to handling date/time on Qualcomm devices.
- Updates to some language translations.
How to Install TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery on Your Smartphone using Fastboot
Before starting, make sure that your PC installed with the latest ADB and Fastboot, all of the optimal drivers, a USB data transfer cable. A lot of people are using this option, it writes the recovery to the partition of your phone permanently, and you may also boot into it or you can boot at any other date on command.
- Before begin, please make sure that your device is unlocked bootloader.
- Have you installed ADB and Fastboot on PC/Laptop with all drivers?
- Make sure that your device is charged more than 70%.
- You must download the latest version of the TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery by clicking this page, link and then scrolling down to find your supported device.
Guide step by step:
1. First of all, download the latest version of the TWRP Recovery and move it into the same folder where is your ADB and Fastboot are available. Then rename this file to simpler such as recovery.img for the future convenience.
2. Now please right click your mouse with the shift key, then go to the menu and select Open Command Prompt.
3. Next, you should boot your device into fastboot mode, you may use the following keys. Press the Power Button and Volume Up keys both at the same time).
4. After that, connect it with your PC/laptop, and type the following command to confirm the connection:
5. If everything’s fine, you should see your device connected in Fastboot mode with a serial identifier next to it.
6. Now, proceed with installing the recovery using the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(First Replace the filename that you have downloaded and remember what you have saved)
7. For devices with an A/B partition, you can’t flash the recovery to the system partition permanently. You will have to manually boot into the recovery every time you want to use it. For that, enter the following command:
fastboot boot recovery.img
(First Replace the filename that you have downloaded and remember what you have saved)
8. Once done, type in the following command to boot directly into the recovery mode:
ADB reboot recovery
To Install TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery on Your Smartphone using TWRP Recovery Method
We always recommended you, the following steps to install TWRP 3.3.0-0, on your Android device quickly. If you would like to update from an existing TWRP Recovery. Make sure that, you have a stable build of TWRP running on your phone to target the update file.
1. First of all, download the latest version of the TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery and transfer the file into the root of your internal memory.
2. Now, you should boot your device using recovery mode, a lot of peoples do this by pressing the Power and Volume Down keys both at the same time).
3. Now, carefully to Install, and select Install Image from the below option.
4. After that, you’ll see all images available on your Android device. Now, you know that your target recovery file should show up there.
5. Press on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
6. You may reboot to get the updated recovery by headline over the Reboot menu, and tapping on Recovery.
That’s it! I hope that you’ve successfully flashed your Android device, and you have got the latest TWRP recovery. We are available to support you 24/7, and we would like to help you more and more.