On this page, you will learn how to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows. A lot of peoples want to install on their computer, If you are the owner of the Android device and want to modding, tweaking, and want to use different firmware’s, root their phone, install a custom ROM and kernel’s. First of all, you need to unlock the bootloader and then install custom recovery and now you need to install ADB and fastboot drivers. Here, we are going to share with you a complete guide on how to install ADB and fastboot on Windows and Mac OS?
How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows
What is ADB?
ADB or Android Debug Bridge is a small debug tool that you will find in the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). This is a best way to connect your Android device with a computer. ADB can control your computer using a Micro USB, you can transfer your files and run powerful shell commands.
What is Fastboot:
Fastboot is also a part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). The Fastboot tool will help you with reflashing partition and image files on any Android device. Fastboot system is also best if you want to modify any file or image can from a computer using a USB connection. Such as recovery, updates and zip files can also be installed from fastboot.
How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows and Mac OS:
Setting up ADB and Fastboot seems quite easy. As ADB and Fastboot both are a part of the Android SDK package, only you to download the kit (which is over 500 MB) and then set up path variables, or the below-written methods can be used to install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows and Mac OS. But first, you need to remember that you have to put your device into USB debugging mode. If you just ignore this step, the possibility is your PC won’t recognize your device.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows:
The two best methods to install ADB and fastboot on windows 10,8/8.1/7 and XP. The first method is a 15 Sec ADB installer and the second method is Minimal ADB and Fastboot. So starting with method one let’s install ADB and fastboot driver with the 15 sec ADB installer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to install USB Drivers On your Android Device
- How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Android Device
- Secret Codes to unlock hidden features on your phone screen
- How to Root your Android smartphone without Computer
- How to install TWRP recovery on your Android Device
- Download SP Flash Tool on your Android Device
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows with 15 sec ADB installer:
1) Starting with let’s download the ADB Installer setup file by XDA member @Snoop05. It does not just install ADB but it also installs fastboot and USB drivers within a short span of 15 seconds.
2) And then run the Exe file the ADB-setup.exe.
3) Then look at the command window, and follow the instruction. Type ‘Y’ if you want to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
4) After giving the command ‘Y’ it will install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC and then it will copy the required files to a particular location.
5) Once again type ‘Y’ to install the device driver. This may take a few seconds to install the device drivers and after that, the command window will automatically close.
6) Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed ADB and fastboot on your Windows PC.
Install ADB and fastboot on Windows with Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
1) First of all, you need to download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup by XDA member @shimp208.
2) Now run the file minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe.
3) After that, you need to follow the wizard’s instructions and then select where you will install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
4) Then, you need to choose the file location and complete the whole set up by the following instruction.
5) Finally, you have successfully installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC.
If you would like to check ADB and Fastboot build on your PC then go to the installation directory.
After that, press and hold the shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt and type ‘ADB devices’. This will show you the list of devices connected to your computer.