What is Samsung’s Odin?
Hello Readers! If you are Samsung Lovers and interested in flashing firmware or you want its next level upgrades so, you must know about Samsung’s tool Odin. This customization tool is only supporting by Samsung Devices. The latest version of Odin 3.13.1 is now available for Samsung users. It will be utilized in flashing a Custom ROM, via Rooting Access. Odin is Windows-based software that was originally developed for Samsung’s own staff and approved repair centers. But since then, versions of it have been leaked on the web and are now available on many exciting sites and user forums. Odin is lightweight, but it is a powerful tool for Samsung’s Android users, Thousands of users and developers use it for their devices because it’s secured and much compatible.
Odin assists its customers in flashing firmware, upgrading the kernel, installing and modifying custom firmware, and retrieving flashing stock. This is Samsung’s reliable software, which empowers the loading of bootable files on a Samsung device. It is not possible to root or alter a few Samsung devices without it, in various procedures and adjustments must need Odin to use.
Under this post we are now going to learn Odin’s installations procedure and its uses, so let’s start;
Pre-Requirements to Flash any Samsung Device via using Odin 3.13.1
For downloading Odin, you must note that it’s harder to locate Odin’s official setup file on the Web for your Samsung devices. So, we are recommending our readers to go on XDA-developers.com or on Odin’s official site for a third-party reliable source to download it.
- Download Odin 3.13.1. Or search as per your Samsung Model requirements on Odin’s official site.
- You need a PC or laptop, 32 bit or 64 bit as perversion req.
- You also need a USB Data Cable to link your device with your PC.
- Create a complete back-up of your device storage before starting the procedure.
- Download the latest Samsung USB driver to your computer.
- It only supports Microsoft Windows.
- Your Phone must be charge at least 60%.
- Download SamFirm. this helps you in downloading the official Samsung Firmwares for your Samsung Smartphone
- You also need to download ADB and Fastboot tools for your android device.
- Download the official Samsung firmware for any Samsung Smartphone on your PC.
Keep in mind that Samsung phones are different from each other and that is why everyone needs a different method to root and Flash their custom ROMs. Here we are applying the most usual method to Flashing Firmware in a Samsung Device via Odin’s.
How can we Flash Any Samsung Device via using Odin?
Step By Step Guide:
- Download Odin’s appropriate version on your PC or Laptop, according to your device.
- Here you need to enable the Developer Option on your phone. To enable Developers Mode, follow the instructions that are given below;
- Tap on Settings on your Smart Phone.
- Open About Phone in Settings Menu.
- Now on Build Number, Tap continuously Seven times.
- The Developer Option is Now Enabled.
- Install USB Drivers on the PC that you have downloaded.
- Extract the Firmware File that you have downloaded previously.
- Now Run the Odin 3.13.1 file on your PC.
- Allow Odin administrator access in your PC and now Restart your Samsung Device.
- When you see Odin is active, quickly connect your Samsung device with your PC via USB Cable.
- Here you need to click on the AP button on your computer screen.
- Now go to your extracted firmware file and select Flash and Analyze.
- After fully analyzing, Press the Start to flash the firmware.
- This flashing process takes approximately five minutes to get the finish.
- After finishing the procedure, a pop-up “Pass” will b appear that confirms successful flashing.
- Now your device will automatically reboot.
- While your phone getting starts, long-press the Vol-Down key along with Home Key at the same time to access Factory data resetting.
- Here, now tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Now restart your device once again.
Watch Video Tutorial:
- To Unlock Bootloader for Android Device
- Top 12 Best Cloud Backup apps for your Android Devices
- How to install USB Drivers on your phone
- How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device
- Secret Codes to unlock hidden features on your smartphone
- How to Root your Android smartphone without Computer
- How to install TWRP recovery on your device
- Download SP Flash Tool on your phone
Note: The above information is only for journal public interest, www.Getdroidpro.com or the author is not responsible for any hardware and software loss damage or illegal misusage of the above material. In case of any query or opinion kindly reply to us in the comments section. Your suggestions and ideas are most valuable for us.