In this modern world, where some time ago, SuperSU was the most popular way to get root access on any Android smartphone. After releasing the Magisk, now everyone is using it. It is very easy, You can easily manage root access with Magisk Manager Apk, and will get many functionalities using different modules. If you would like to customize your Android device, and want to use advanced tweaks, you need to root access to your device to get a lot of different features such as flashing custom kernels, custom ROMs, overclocking and changing system settings is fun and much more.
No doubt that there are many root apps available if you would like to use to gain root access on your Android device. Magisk is an Android utility that allows you systemless root on your Android smartphone and you can easily manage it using an application called Magisk Manager.
What is Magisk?
What is Magisk Manager?
Magisk manager is a magic mask to alter the system systemless-ly. Might that term be difficult to understand right?
what Magisk is? No doubt that Magisk is the best alternative to Chainfire’s SuperSU. Topjohnwu developed Magisk Manager. Yes, he is the best developer who developed Magisk. If you have installed the SuperSU on your device, then you need to have seen the issue, you can’t run the banking applications on your Android.
You must be confused about what is rooting? We can say that rooting gives you privileges to modify the software code on any Android device or install other software that the manufacturer would not allow you to. You need to read more about rooting android phone
If you want to run banking applications and when you will open the application, you will get a notification that says your phone is rooted and you can’t use this application on your Android device.
Now, if you would like to open that application, you need to unroot your phone and do your work in that app and again root your phone with the help of Chainfire SuperSU. Rooting and unrooting your device is a lot of lengthy processes, and no one likes to do such as a big task again and again.
On this page, you will also learn how to use the banking application urgently with an unrooted device. If you want to use that banking application urgently, you won’t be unrooting your phone. That’s why the developer Topjohnwu came up with an application that hides the root of your device.
Advantages of Magisk
- Most Popular Advantage is systemless root: You can easily check out any system on your Android device without tampering with the system partitions.
- MagiskSU: You can easily Grant or Deny the permission of any application on your device.
- Magisk Manager: You can also install new updates and add or delete the modules on your Android device. You can also hide the root to bypass the SafetyNet using Magisk Manager.
- ByPass SafetyNet Check: Google’s SafetyNet detects when a system tampered with blocks certain apps from working properly.
- OTA Updates: With Magisk, you can also enjoy seamless OTA updates without any problem.
- Install Systemless Xposed: You can install the Magisk modules to tweak, enhance, you can also add functionality to your device. You can also use them from improving battery life to installing iOS emojis on your Android phone.
Why is Magisk so important?
Google SafetyNet is the main reason why a lot of people use this tool over other methods like SuperSU, Kingoroot, etc. Google’s SafetyNet detects when the system has been tampered with and blocks certain apps from working properly such as Google Play, Netflix, and Pokemon GO are a few examples. Such as SuperSU which only grants or denies root permissions for server apps, Magisk can hide root from an app completely.
How to Download Magisk Manager Latest Version 7.5.1 For Android 2020 (Method 1)
- Download Magisk Manager on your Android device from here:
Complete Guide how to install and how to use Magisk Manager click here.
Download Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager
How to Install Magisk Zip on any Android Device:
If you want to install Magisk zip on your smartphone, on this page, you will learn how to install Magisk zip on your device? In this post, we are going to share with you two different methods to install it on your device. If you have installed TWRP Recovery on your device, then you may easily flash the flashable zip without any problem. First of all, you need to download all the latest versions from the above-given link to enjoy systemless root. After that, make sure to you have downloaded the latest Magisk Manager Apk file.
Now please check that if your device is not rooted. You need to install Magisk and get systemless root access using TWRP Recovery. If you don’t have TWRP Recovery. First of all, you need to install the TWRP recovery on your device. You may follow the second method by patching the stock boot image (kernel) and flash the modified boot on your device.
If your device is already rooted and now you would like to use Magisk. You need to unroot your phone and remove all existing root software from your Android device, and then install Magisk using TWRP. On this page, you will learn how to Install Magisk Zip on any Android Device.
- Download the latest Android USB drivers
- Download TWRP Recovery for your device from the here
- Download ADB drivers on your PC and extract it to C:/ drive.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on your device.
- First of all, Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Now, you need to Enable Developer Mode on your Android device. Now Scroll down of your screen and find Build Number. After that tap Build number 7 to 10 times until you will see a pop-up message that says “Developer mode has been enabled”.
- Open up the Developer Settings, find the OEM Unlocking settings and toggle it on.
- Next, you need to unlock your bootloader. If you’ve performed an advanced tweak on your device before, you’ve probably done this, and you can skip this step. Note that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device data.
- Run ADB on your PC with your device connected via USB cable.
- If your smartphone is running on Lollipop (Android 5.1) or lower, run the following commands fastboot oem unlock, if it’s running on Marshmallow (Android 6.0) or higher, run fastboot flashing unlock
- You can use your Volume buttons to move up and down and highlight Yes, then press your power button to confirm the process and your bootloader will be unlocked.
- Download the latest TWRP image file here and extract it into the same folder in which you installed ADB and Fastboot.
- Power off your device.
- Boot the device into the bootloader. To do this, press the Volume up and Power buttons together until the bootloader menu comes up.
- Connect the device to your PC via USB.
- On your PC, navigate to your ADB installation folder. Right-click on any space within the folder while holding the shift key on your keyboard, and click the Open command window here.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
fastboot flash recovery [filename.img]
Please replace [filename.img] with the name of the TWRP Recovery IMG file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
to reboot the device. You now have TWRP installed on your Android smartphone.
Install Magisk using TWRP Recovery
- If you already moved the latest Magisk zip to your root of internal storage, then you can simply boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery Interface, Tap on Install Button.
- Navigate to internal storage where you transferred or downloaded the Magisk zip file and proceed. Tap on the file and proceed. See the below picture:
Once selected, Now you have to Swipe to confirm the flash. See the below image:
- When the flashing process completes, you can tap on the reboot button to reboot your phone.
That’s it! You can now download and install the Magisk Manager Apk to enjoy systemless root on your device.
How to Verify if your phone has a systemless root?
- Download and install the APK file from the above-given link, and launch the Magisk Manager app.
- To verify that you have a systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all options with Green Tick which means you have successfully rooted and bypassed SafetyNet. See the below image:
Method 2: Install Magisk using Patched Stock Boot Image
To do this, you need to patch the stock boot image. You can follow this method by installing the Magisk Manager on your device.
- First of all, you need to grab the stock boot image for your current firmware installed on your phone. You can always get this file from the stock firmware or extract, it using tools like CM2, Miracle Box, NCK, etc.
- Download and Install the latest Magisk Manager APK from the above-given link
- Download ADB drivers on your computer and extract in C:/Drive
- If you have the Stock Boot image, then moe the boot image to your phone’s internal storage.
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”. See the below image:
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and move it to the C:\ drive ADB folder on your PC.
- In the same folder, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on a space.
- Select “Open PowerShell window here”. See the below picture:
- Now you need to boot your device into Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC using USB Cable
- In your command window shell, you need to type the below command to install Magisk and root your Android device.
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Once done, reboot your phone using:
Once your phone reboots, open the Magisk Manager and confirm that the installation was successful.
Now, if you wish to uninstall Magisk for any reason, the steps below will assist you in doing so. The most certain way to do this is via the Magisk Manager app itself. Before you uninstall Magisk, make sure to disable and remove all the modules.
How to Uninstall Magisk and Unroot Android
- Open the “Magisk Manager” app on your phone.
- Now Tap on the “Uninstall” button
- Now confirm uninstallation by taping the “COMPLETE UNINSTALL”
- You can reboot your device after the uninstallation.
TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON YOUR SMARTPHONE USING TWRP RECOVERY METHOD
We always suggest you, read all steps carefully before to install TWRP 3.3.0-0, on your Android device quickly. If you would like to update from an existing TWRP Recovery. Make sure that, you have a stable build of TWRP running on your phone to target the update file.
1. First of all, download the latest version of the TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery and transfer the file into the root of your internal memory.
2. Now, boot your device using recovery mode, you can do this by pressing the Power and Volume Down keys both at the same time.
3. Then, carefully to Install, and select Install Image from the below option.
4. You will see all the images available on your device, you know your target recovery file should show up there.
5. Press on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
6. You may reboot to get the updated recovery by headline over the Reboot menu, and tapping on Recovery.
That’s it! I hope that you’ve successfully flashed your Android device, and you have got the latest TWRP recovery. We are available to support you 24/7, and we would like to help you more and more.